Through this and that, I've discovered that dear old Dr. Seuss has quite a few wonderful quotes that maybe I didn't fully appreciate when I was five. Here are some of my favorites:
"Laugh your heart out,
Dance in the rain.
Cherish the moment;
Ignore the pain.
Live, laugh love.
Forgive and forget.
Life is too short
to be living with regrets."
"You know you're in love
when you can't fall sleep because
when you can't fall sleep because
reality is finally better than your dreams."
"I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells"
"Today you are You, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
“Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.”
"Don't cry because it's over;
Smile because it happened."
“How did it get so late so soon?
Its night before its afternoon.
December is here before its June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?”
(This feels especially applicable to life just now)
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing's going to get better. It's not."
"Just tell yourself, Duckie,
You're really quite lucky!"
“I have heard there are troubles
of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead
and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat.
I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to
have troubles with me!”
And, of course,
"A person's a person.
No matter how small."


No comments:
Post a Comment