"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way." ~Dr. Suess

Sunday, November 1, 2009

For the inspirational, novel writing drummers who put peanut butter on their roasted sweet potatoes :)

[[Man, I tried to schedule this post so that it would come out on time, but it didn't work!]]

November :)

  • International Drum Month,
  • Peanut Butter Lover's Month,
  • National Novel Writing Month,
  • National Fun with Fondue,
  • Family Stories Month,
  • Sweet Potato Awareness Month,
  • National I am So Thankful Month (Wonder where they got that idea..)
  • National Inspirational Role Models month,
  • National Roasting Month,
  • And several medical-related-things-awareness/appreciation month.

The second to last one... Roasting Month, does this make anyone else think, "THANKSGIVING!?!?!" Ah, I am SO excited! I can't believe the year has gone my so fast! It seems as if the year just started... and then WHAM, it's almost over! It really makes one think about things... appreciating the moment, I guess. Not living superficially, but realizing we can't do anything but learn from the past, and we are incapable of doing anything but pray and prepare for our future. It's a bit like that old cliche, "The past is history, the future is a mystery, but today is a gift- that's why it's called 'the present.'"

Tell me if anyone else sees some irony in this. In sports practice today, I bashed my toe when I collided with another player. I was lucky; I only got a [[very painful, albeit]] bruised and swollen toe. I'm not sure what the other player is going through- we crashed pretty hard. The thing is... we were playing volleyball!!! Isn't that supposed to be a no contact sport?! I mean, that's one of the reasons I picked it- minimal running and little-to-no contact. Just goes to show... something.


As for the rest of life... right now, it's lovely. I love life.


{I have to add this: November 4, 2004 - National Chicken Lady Day.

I'm sorry... what??}

[{( And looking back at my first paragraph (about the time flying?), A Dr. Seuss quote comes to mind: "How did it get late so soon?")}]

No comments: