"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way." ~Dr. Suess

Saturday, October 11, 2008

How I got my name (Prepare for EXTREME cheesiness!)

As I said, this is going to sound cheesy, so prepare. So I was reading some book or other, and I came across a word I didn't know: serendipity. I thought, "Oh, cool word! I'll have to look it up some time!" and promptly forgot about it. Later on, as I was trying to come up with a blogging name, the word randomly popped into my mind. On a hunch, I went in search of a dictionary. As we are still parshly in boxes from moving into our new home, it took a little while before I located the book in question. But, at last I triumphed, and looked up my word: serendipity: the gift of finding a valuable thing un-looked for. I thought, "Sweet. That's my name." Because, you see, I find myself in a case of serendipity every time we move. I nearly always think, "Ugh, another move, and there's no way I can make friends as good as I've had here, so why even try?" But then, as a sweet kiss-from-Christ (as my mother would say), God ALWAYS puts priceless friends in my path even when I'm not looking for them. So now I want to thank all of my wonderful friends (you KNOW who you are!), and know that I thank God for you on a regular basis. God Bless!!

1 comment:

becca said...

OMG!! you're so sweet! you have an amazing way of making the best of whatever situation you're in!!! i wish i could do that!! God is so generous do give me a friend like you!! i love you soooo much tweesa!! i miss you oodles! PS im soooooooooo sorry about your books im going to get them to you asap!