"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way." ~Dr. Suess

Friday, August 21, 2009

Any Suggestions?

I'm such a sentimental girl.... I've been feeling the need to watch a "tear jerker" lately. Often, they're my favorite types of movies- not because I'm depressed or anything, but they're just so touching!!

My sister, mother and I recently watched a taped version of an episode of "Touched By an Angel" (A TV show that is no longer airing; it's about these three angels sent to do work on earth disguised as regular people. It may sound cheesy, but it's so beautiful!!) , called "Petey Comes Home." It deals with a little ten year old boy with a fatal disease, and the angels are sent to help him through it. It was so touching, because the little boy [Petey] was all about others! His list of things to do before he died centered mainly around helping others, and finding someone to help his mom when he is gone! It was so sweet!! I cried my little eyes out to my hearts content, shaking the entire couch.

But anywho, does anyone have a name to recommend of a tear jerker to watch? Truly moving ones are rather hard to come by, I find. So if you could help me out in this area, I would be deeply gratified! Thank you dearies!!

1 comment:

The Other Katie said...

The Secret Life of Bees made me cry, and I almost never cry for movies.