The sun is shining, the sky is clear, the wind blowing... I suppose that sounds cheesy. Today, after laying out in the sun for awhile, my sister and I went to enjoy some wonderful snow cones in the summer-i-ness of our backyard. (I don't think it is possible to enjoy a snow cone as much inside as you can outside. It's just one of those funny things...) My sister and I put on our snow-cone shirts to boot!!
Before anyone take that wrong (I realize now that that sounds kind of nerdy), let me elaborate; the other day, as my sister, mother, and I were shopping, my sister came across this adorable pink shirt with big white polka dots on it. She modeled it [and I thought it was just darn cute] but wasn't sure she would ever wear it. I think her words were, "Yes, it's [really] cute, but when on earth would I wear it??" And I promptly answered, "When you go get SNOW CONES!! Obviously!! It's def. a snow cone shirt!!" We laughed; because THAT made a whole lot of sense... :) At home, I have my own bright, candy-striped shirt, which makes me feel like a little girl from the sixties, but is soooo fun!! And thus explains, in more words than necessary, the snow cone shirt.
Anyway, after enjoying our snow cones in our snazzy snow cone shirts, we came in and watched "West Side Story". I hear it talked about quite a bit, but I had never seen it before. It was...... interesting. Definitely copy of Romeo and Juliet. The choreography was amazing, however!
Now, I sit here blogging to get out of setting the table. Clever, no? What else happened today...? A-ha!! I was listening to the Christian radio station, and the played a BRILLIANT song!!! It's by Johnny Diaz, and is called "[[There can never be a]] More Beautiful You." Good message!! It talks about how you are beautiful THE WAY YOU ARE!!!!! Boy, do we need that today in some places! The link to the music video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ks3R2BwyO0
Check it out!! Good stuff.
Holy cow, it's dinner time already!! I shall try to post some more later!! Til then...
Oh, once again, if anyone has any musical-theatre-audition tips or songs they cared to share with me, I would really appreciate it! I'm a mezzo soprano... who is reminded she must go to dinner now by the calling of her little brother. Cheerio!!
"The Song of the Fay" Sequel is here at last!
-
Kate Alexander has two goals for her return to Scotland:#1. Stop Derek
from spending the entire summer wallowing in heartbreak.#2. Uncover the
secret magi...
1 year ago


2 comments:
Do you listen to Switchfoot and Relient K? I love them!!!! My new favorite Relient K song is "Must Have Done Something Right"!!! I love it!!! :)
Love, Glinda (okay, I'm going to start changing my name to Hope if that's alright?)
YES!! Switchfoot and Relient K are BOTH pretty darn amazing!! J and I listen to them BOTH pretty regularly!
Haha, love you too! Hey, you don't need my permission to change your name ;) But thanks for letting me know! ♥
Post a Comment